04:28

FALLING IN LOVE WITH ROME

I didn't expect to overly like rome, let alone fall in love with the damn place.


On paper... me and Rome are the perfect couple.

Realistically though, I imaged the beautiful city to be destroyed by tourists. Over crowded, cluttered, terrible touristic food and locals that have simply had enough.

I couldn't have been more wrong.

Sure, Rome is bloody busy if you're around the obvious culprits: Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon etc. etc. but it's all so incredibly beautiful it's well worth battling the crowds. *or getting up incredibly early to have the beautiful sites all to yourself.

Rome is the cleanest city I have ever visited and feels incredibly safe, which now unfortunately is more important than ever.

But let's talk food!

Where there are tourists, there are tourist food traps. This is the case everywhere and it's easy to be fooled in Rome. Fortunately, most of the 'tourist traps' are pretty decent. I'm a foodie... So I'm all about where the locals are at.

To help you out I'll do another post all about the food, we found some INCREDIBLE spots. Including: the best Carbonara I've ever had in my life, and I'm almost convinced... will ever have in my life.

The thing that really made me fall in love with Rome (aside from the pasta and the incredible breakfast pastries) is the people. My god, Romans are friendly as hell. I understand that sometimes tourists can be a little irritating, especially when they don't speak your language at all. But the Romans are so understanding, incredibly helpful, almost all incredible at English and if you at all attempt a Ciao, Bounjourno or Bounosera they open up so much more. The people were probably my favourite thing about Rome.

I felt so comfortable and at home there, I can't wait to go back.

Until then... I will continue to dream about that beautiful Carbonara.



J x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Subscribe to our mailing list:

Blogger Template Created by pipdig