06:43

FEELING INSPIRED

Blogger just deleted my entire post, not going to lie I feel less inspired... But this post is all about positivity and feeling good... So lets start again. :)


Shit happens.

Lately I've been feeling extremely demotivated, tired and... to be honest, lazy. In almost all aspects of my life. I think I got to a point where I was emotionally and physically drained.

Of course going on holiday helped, you can read all about how beautiful Rome is in my previous post.

But before I went away it got to a point where I had to have a little talk with myself, I feel like this happens to us all so I wanted to share a few tips that have helped me!

1. Change your diet.

You don't want to hear this, I know. When you're feeling meh carbs and fat seem like your best friend. Your chimp (that devil in your head) will try and convince you that unhealthy food is the answer. It's not. Now I'm not saying change your entire diet, when your in this state of mind I feel like that would be a really unhealthy thing to do. Try and make small changes: Instead of eating chocolate of crisps in the evening, reach for an apple or something... It will feel alien. You'll hate it, you'll hate me for even suggesting it... BUT slowly you will get used to it and you'll feel so much better for making that small change.

2. Drinking more water is life changing.

I don't really need to go into depth on this one, try and get those eight glasses in. You'll feel better.

3. Shit happens, people suck.

I've heard this saying/train of thought tons of places so I'm not sure who to credit.

Problem.
Can you fix it?
Yes? Okay, then fix it.
No? So why worry yourself?

...It seems so obvious but we often get so fixated on problems, accidents, mistakes that we simply can't fix. Acknowledge it, think about how you could've possibly prevented it. Then MOVE ON.

4. Stay positive and don't watch the other guy.

Again, I don't really need to explain this one too much, the more time you spend watching the other guy or talking badly about people the less time you have to work on yourself.

"Each moment you live passes and is gone, never to return. Life is too brief to not consider how to experience it at its best." - Derren Brown 'Happy' - A wonderful book.



J x


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Subscribe to our mailing list:

Blogger Template Created by pipdig